Since the feedback process begins with your participation, here are a few more details on how to use your Student Engagement Rosters.
- Providing information about attendance is crucial for federal financial aid compliance. We suggest taking attendance, in some form, throughout the first two weeks in order to more accurately report attendance for each class.
- Note that "Not Attending" will prompt you to identify the date the student stopped attending and is required in order to submit.
- Even though the attendance section is most utilized through the end of the second week of the semester, you can update students' attendance at any point during the semester. If a student stops attending, you should update the roster with the date of last attendance.
- Notice that you now have both positive and negative values to provide feedback on how students are engaging in your class. Use the feedback to encourage your students. Consider how you might use the SER in a SOTL-focused project in your course.
- When you make observations, consider providing at least one Recommendation for the student. The goal is to engage students more deeply in campus life. When students feel they belong on campus, they persist.